Join Our Team
Who We Are
A leadership development and strategy firm, ViRTUS helps companies build strong and capable leaders, develop top talent, and achieve collective results. We design every ViRTUS experience to influence team and organizational culture and shift behaviors to create lasting change. We provide customized learning relevant to what’s happening in business right now.
A Day in the Life of our Operations Manager
The mission of the Operations Manager is to usher our business through to ‘ViRTUS 3.0’, acting as an organizational hub, while continuously improving one of our driving marketing strategies: our unique culture. A leader by example with an ‘all in’ attitude, the Operations Manager holds the team accountable as we strive towards our shared goals. If you are someone who thinks ahead of the curve, while maintaining a wicked attention to detail in day-to-day and big picture operations, you are our person.
Areas of Responsibility
- Work with senior leadership team to plan and execute our overall financial strategy, including budget planning, cost controls and strategies to monitor and improve growth, profitability, and efficiency.
- Remove systemic barriers and bureaucracy to increase efficiency.
- Act as a point-person for our Controller in monitoring financial statements to suggest and implement strategies for cost-savings and improvements.
- Drive operational systems and disciplines designed to support the scaling of ViRTUS while ensuring we live our purpose.
- Coordinate the acquisition and maintenance of equipment, software licenses and systems and ensure that all IT functions are effectively managed.
- Oversee office operations, contracts and agreements, vendors, accounts, partnerships, and policy renewal including benefits providers.
- Act as the internal go-to for questions around benefits and insurance, vacation and other team-related questions.
- Manage the hiring process, onboarding and offboarding.
- Execute compensation strategy.
- Ensure alignment across all review structures (annual, 3-month, exit) to ensure consistency across the organization.
Culture & Community Building
- Maintain the ViRTUS Playbook (codifying culture, articulating policy and documenting decisions).
- Integrate a test, learn, iterate culture into everything we do.
- Continue the evolution of our people-oriented culture and maintaining our core values.
- Maintain continued learning cycle for the team.
- Maintain meeting structure, rhythms and agendas and increase visibility, transparency, and information-sharing.
- Accountable for ViRTUS’ BCorp status and renewal process, ensures that business practices are in line with BCorp values and commitments.
- Hold the team accountable with anti-racism, diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Accountable for ‘back-of-house’ community strategy, budget and execution (with Client Success Manager) to build community among the team and increase facilitator engagement.
- Manage communication channels to keep team members updated about company news and track and address important celebrations in team members' lives with gifts, announcements (Slack) or messages.
- Provides leadership in developing internal culture, including professional development and learning opportunities (in collaboration with senior team members), ongoing team building, and seasonal celebrations.
- Connect team members’ day-to-day work to our larger vision and purpose.
- Accountable for sourcing and entering ViRTUS for awards and other PR strategies.
- Maintain website content (including editing and updating team bios) and identify areas for improvement, outsourcing website development as needed.
- Internal ‘go-to’ for technical writing and company statements.
- Create and edit facilitator checklists, training documents and best practice guides.
- Produce relevant client templates, policy and information documents.
- Contribute to decisions regarding the strategic direction of the organization.
- Contribute to decisions impacting organizational structure.
- Accountable for decisions and operationalizing our social and environmental impact.
- Accountable to execute decisions in service of the strategic direction of the organization.
- Accountable to make decisions impacting the ViRTUS brand and reputation in the market.
- Accountable to keep ViRTUS a competitive employer and player in the market.
Get in touch with us if you:
- Have 4+ years of similar or related experience.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and resourcefulness in navigating new technologies.
- Have strong financial acumen, with a strong understanding of financial management, including budget planning, cost controls, and financial statement analysis. You look for ways to keep down costs while continuously creating an amazing place to work.
- Are excited by operational excellence and have a focus on leveraging technology for efficiency while balancing costs. Able to identify challenges, develop innovative solutions, and drive operational improvements.
- You enjoy making systems as clear and streamlined as possible. You organize with logic and consistency and are future-focused when making decisions.
- Are able to drive projects and initiatives forward and have fun while you’re doing it.
- Have experience in hiring, recruitment, benefits administration, and other HR adjacent responsibilities.
- Have experience in maintaining and promoting the organization's culture, values, and a positive work environment. This includes creating and fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives. You are someone who genuinely cares about your team’s wellbeing.
- You have a strong ethical compass for making decisions that align with the organization’s values and reputation.
- Are a strong writer and communicator, you can jump in to create and edit templates, documents, and guides and have a keen eye for details.
- Are passionate about corporate social responsibility; you consider people, community, planet when making decisions.
- You care deeply about maintaining brand and consistency, both internally and externally.
- Are proficient in IT, IT systems and software management.
- Are a maverick at and maintaining relationships with partners, vendors, and understanding and negotiating contracts, including interfacing with our lawyers.
- Could have done an even better job at writing this job description.
- Previous experience working for a certified B Corp, and involvement in the certification process is an asset.
- Love finding creative ways to do things differently is an asset.
Compensation Package and Perks
- This is a 13-month fixed term parental leave contract, starting in Mid-March 2024.
- Annual salary range of $75,000-$85,000, based on years of experience.
- Extended benefits and a health spending account.
- 3 weeks of vacation annually, plus a one-week company-wide winter holiday shutdown.
- Four additional half-days on Fridays between June-August.
- Support for professional development.
- Paid volunteer hours.
- Ability to work from home or our co-working space*
*We are primarily remote, with some in-person team and client commitments throughout the year. Travel for work may be required. Applicants must live in Greater Vancouver and be legally able to work in Canada without employer sponsorship. A laptop and other applicable remote tools will be provided. Core working hours are Monday through Friday, Pacific Time Zone, with some flexibility of start/end times.
Our application deadline has passed. We are excited to be moving forward with our recruitment process, and will be in touch with select applicants in the coming weeks.
We celebrate and value all identities and encourage any, and all, applicants to apply! Requests for accommodation are welcomed throughout any stage of our recruitment process, and beyond. For more information, we encourage you to get in touch with us and check out our Anti-Racism, Equity and Inclusion statement.